Thank You for Your Interest in Joining The Commit Partnership Team!
Commit's impact is driven by its people. We are purpose-driven, dedicated to the mission of ensuring an excellent and equitable education for all, especially economically disadvantaged students. Through a shared commitment to this mission and our core values, we form authentic, trusting relationships with each other -- because we are better together. We foster a caring, welcoming culture where we can grow as people and as leaders connected to the communities we serve. We are all leaders here. We take care of each other. Regardless of role, we share in the responsibility for cultivating a diverse, inclusive and collaborative team that encourages innovation and thoughtful risk-taking to drive systemic change that always puts students first. We strive to be a place where everyone is recognized for their unique strengths and is rewarded appropriately for leveraging them to make us all great and in pursuit of making a collective impact.
We promise (strive) the following to all employees:
- A deep sense of purpose, impact, and connection to our communities
- Authentic, trusting relationships - between colleagues, leaders, and teams
- A caring and welcoming culture
- An opportunity to grow - as an individual contributor and as a leader
- Diverse perspectives that make us collectively better
- Included in decisions, problem solving, dreaming big about what's possible for our region
- Being part of systemic change, not just anecdotes of hope
- A real sense of knowing the sum is greater than the parts
Currently, we have the following positions available:
Check back for more updates.
We are constantly looking for leaders at all levels who share our passion for excellence and equity in education. We expect every one of our 60+ team members - from entry-level to executive - to be stalwart champions of our following True North Traits:
- Systemic Impact: You understand the barriers and lived experiences that our students face and are skilled at delivering systemic solutions at scale that address these needs. You achieve significant, sustainable results that increase equitable outcomes through your work (including the reallocation or improvement in public funding), and you recognize the difference between activity and impact.
- Judgment: You exhibit a relentless “students first” focus by thinking strategically about what data must be collected, analyzed, visualized, and activated (and what steps must be taken, in what order) to cause resources to be reallocated and actions to be taken to systemically overcome the root causes hindering achievement of the Partnership's mission.
- Communication: By listening to understand before seeking to be understood, you’re able to build trust and facilitate collaboration across lines of difference, recognizing that both are essential to our success. You are also able to find common ground with diverse stakeholders and can tailor the organization's message to different audiences as needed to influence meaningful change.
- Innovation: You can create or meaningfully contribute to the design and execution of a systemic and transformational strategic plan to solve complex problems, often at scale, that improves organizational effectiveness and/or closes equity gaps for our students and families.
- Equity and Inclusion: You intentionally create spaces where relevant stakeholders have a seat or voice at the table, ensuring that each person at the table's thoughts and perspectives are shared, valued by all others at the table, and reflected in our work. You're excited to help build and/or contribute to teams where everyone feels welcomed, respected, valued, and highly supported.
- Joy: You recognize that people are central to our work, striking a balance between people and process, and you inspire others with your optimism and thirst for substantive change in service to the mission.
- Integrity: You admit mistakes openly, share learnings widely, and elevate bad news quickly, also capable of making difficult decisions in all situations to ensure the success of the organization.
Commit team members build authentic, trusting relationships and have opportunities to develop as contributors and leaders in our community’s collective effort to grow student achievement and reduce educational inequities. If you choose to join our team of hard-working, passionate people, you can expect:
- A living wage, regardless of position or experience
- A full slate of medical benefits (including dental and vision) to help you arrive at the right plan for you and your family
- A 401(k) retirement savings account [beginning after six months of employment]
- A dedicated budget for personalized professional development [sufficient for employees to earn an Associate’s Degree, if interested]
- Paid sick leave, 10+ standard holiday days, and flexible vacation time
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave
- A supportive and nurturing professional environment, including regular staff climate surveys to inform equity and inclusion efforts for our highly diverse workforce
- On-site gym access
- Free parking
- Remote work options
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)