Thank You for Your Interest in Joining The Commit Partnership Team!
We are constantly looking for leaders who want to change the education landscape across Dallas County. We expect every team member - from entry-level to executive - to be stalwart champions of our core values:
- Students First: We are guided by multiple stakeholders, but ultimately our decisions rest upon one question: What is in the best interest of students?
- Equity and Inclusion: We help set the table for an expansive conversation, welcoming and valuing every voice.
- Systemic Impact: We relentlessly insist upon efficient and effective approaches [to sustainably change systems] to more effectively serve our community.
- Humility: We embrace the fact that our success depends on our ability to work cohesively with each other and our community.
- Integrity: We will act honestly and ethically in all internal and external decisions, in the ways we present data, and communicate with partners.
- Joy: We bring a constant sense of optimism and fun to this difficult work.
Commit team members build authentic, trusting relationships and have opportunities to develop as contributors and leaders. If you choose to join our team of hard-working, passionate people, you will be supported by:
- A full slate of medical options (including dental and vision) to help you arrive at the right plan for you and your family
- A 401(k) retirement savings account [beginning after six months of employment]
- A dedicated budget for personalized professional development
- Paid family leave, sick time and vacation
- A supportive and nurturing professional environment
- On-site gym access at no charge
- New in 2019-20: Well-being initiative
Currently, we have the following positions available:
The Partnership seeks an analytical, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and self-motivated team member to assist in managing the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and dissemination of data to support Partnership activities in improving student outcomes. The Analytics Associate will report to a Manager of Analytics and work closely with many members of the Commit team whose work ranges from Early Childhood to College Access & Success. The Associate will have access to great learning experiences with opportunities to stretch themselves and will be exposed to high impact education work. Entry-level candidates will be considered.
Executive Administrative Assistant
The Commit Partnership seeks a hard-working team player to serve as the Executive Administrative Assistant to Commit’s Executive Team, reporting to the organization’s Chief of Staff. This key position will support the Executive Team in its day-to-day management of the organization, making an important contribution to Commit’s goal of ensuring that all North Texas students receive an excellent and equitable education.
The Partnership seeks a detail-oriented, policy-minded go-getter to join the Advocacy team. Commit’s Advocacy team has been increasingly successful at passing meaningful legislation at the state level to improve student outcomes, including efforts to improve the quality of pre-K programs, improve the pipeline of quality early childhood teachers, and create a new teaching certificate for early grades teachers. In the 2019 Texas legislative session, the Advocacy team was instrumental in passing an $11.6B school finance and property tax reform package that included full-day pre-K, pay raises for teachers, and more. The Advocacy Fellow will play a crucial role on this team.
Intern, Advocacy (Fall 2019)
The Commit Partnership seeks a detail-oriented, policy-minded go-getter for a paid internship to assist the Advocacy team in supporting partners in their efforts to improve student educational outcomes. The Advocacy Intern will report to the Advocacy Manager and work closely with all members of the Commit team, with a concerted effort in the Early Matters Dallas, Best in Class, and College Access & Success work streams and policy goals. This role provides access to great learning experiences and exposure to highly impactful work with regional and statewide education initiatives.
Managing Director, Best in Class
Best In Class, the joint venture between Commit and Communities Foundation of Texas, is seeking a Managing Director to lead a bold and ambitious plan for achieving our goal of ensuring all students have access to effective and diverse educators that will prepare them for a successful future. This is a senior leadership role whose occupant will lead the Coalition to pursue audacious goals: attracting diverse, talented people to the teaching profession; assuring they are effective on Day 1; and, once in place, keeping these effective educators in the role and continuing their development. To support this work, the Managing Director will have access to an accomplished and influential Advisory Board, project support from Bain & Company, a deeply experienced team, and dedicated collaborators and influencers that comprise the Partnership.